A Heart’s Grave



One day, I found him buried in his laptop,
And when he noticed me staring, he left to take a nap.
As days go by, he spent more hours with his mistress,
Even if I frown, he refuses to notice.

Everything between us became shaky,
But when I confronted him, he said sorry.
Since then, never did we debated,
Until something happened which I never expected.

On his way to take me out for dinner,
He met an accident with an oil tanker.
His flesh and his bones were crashed into pieces,
All that’s left of his existence were traces.

A month after his death he still lingers,
My heart is still his love’s manger.
And in melancholy, a friend told me something;
About a certain blog which sent her crying.

Curiosity brought me in front a computer;
Still thinking of his death, my tormentor.
One by one, I pushed the letters of the site,
When the page loaded, I saw my portrait on a kite.

The words on the monitor gave me a chill,
My tears fell on their own will.
My lips were shut and my ears turned deaf;
My mind flooded with memories before he left.

“Here lies the heart of a slave;
For eternity, this will be his grave.”
Another line followed which made my heart melt;
“Kate, I love you and it’s the best thing I ever felt.”

Though emotional, I tried to be logical,
My brain decided to be critical.
I searched for the date on the page’s wreath;
And discovered it was a day younger than his death.

I picked up the phone and dialed a number;
On the other line came a man’s answer.
“Bob, I know you are concerned about me,
But you don’t have to do that blog about Lee.”


“Kate, Lee is my best friend, we both know that,
Yet, it was not I who made that wonderful craft.
It was he, who endured his eyes’ soreness;
and dedicated his heart’s tomb to his love, to his mistress.”

“Strange enough, a week before he died,
He knocked at my door in the middle of the night.
On his face are traces of utmost contentment,
When he told me he finished his heart’s resting place in a tone full of excitement.

“Weird yet he asked me to load it if ever he dies before we do,
And wait for that time when somebody tells you;
You are his love, his life and his realm.
You had and still have his heart for eternity in your palm.”

No comments:

Post a Comment